2012年9月10日星期一

Chanel Fall 2008- Early Reviews and Swatches

Chanel Fall 2008: Early Reviews and Swatches

Advertisement



chanel-rouge-hydrabase-great-copper

Ahhh… You know things are going well when 1) your coffee tastes better than usual, and 2) your day begins with new Chanel.

Even though it feels a little weird to talk about fall makeup in early summer, my Chanel homie just hooked me up a with few preview products from the fall 2008 collection. Autumn leaves,Cheap NFL Jerseys, here I come!

The entire gold-themed collection lands at Chanel counters this July, but here are three members of the fall collection. I’ve yet to see the items I’m *really* lusting after — the Gold Fever Highlighter and the Gold Light Glossimer — in person, but these should tide me over for now.

chanel-rouge-hydrabase-great-copper-lips

Rouge Hydrabase Lipstick in Great Copper ($26)

A semi-matte lipstick, Rouge Hydrabase in Great Copper feels nothing like those dry, cakey, heavy matte formulas of the 90s. I really like the formula Chanel used for Rouge Hydrabase. It’s light and incredibly moisturizing. Great Copper literally shimmers on my lips, and it almost couldn’t be easier to wear (That’s it in the picture above without a lipliner).

I can see myself wearing it to work every day. I know that wearing gloss on top of matte lipsticks sort of defeats the purpose, but I can’t wait to wear a thick layer of clear gloss on top of this. My makeup spider sense tells me it’s gonna look somethin’ fierce. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A

chanel-jouse-contraste-rose-dust

Jouse Contraste Powder Blush in Rose Dust ($40)

This beauty gives cheeks a matte, rosy plum glow. At first glance I was afraid this shade would be too cool and light for my tanned,Cheap Jerseys,Coach Factory Outlet Online, post-vacation face, but after dusting two layers onto my cheeks I saw I was wrong to worry. Unlike light pink blushes with a tendency to look too obvious on tanned or dark skin (in a “Hey, look at me, I’m wearing blush!” kind of way), Rose Dust looks great on a tan. The shade reminds me of MAC’s Blushbaby! Still, because the pink is so light, I have a feeling it will look great on pale gals, too. Oh, and the texture? It’s soft like buttah,I Feel Anything But Neutral About NARS Bilbao Lipstick, baby! Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: A+

chanel-pretty-pink-lip-pencil

Pretty Pink Lip Definer ($28)

Pretty Pink bears a striking resemblance to my pink lip liner of choice,Cheap Christian Louboutin, MAC Pink Treat Cremestick Liner, but has a tiny bit of shimmer (Pink Treat is matte). While Pink Treat is a bit easier on the pocketbook ($14 — half as much as the Chanel liner),Coach Factory Online, Pretty Pink glides onto my lips a bit more smoothly than Pink Treat does and looks drop-dead gorgeous. A light tracing of pencil on the outer edges of my lips leaves lots of concentrated,The Sula Beauty Eye Crayon in Never Say Never May Prefer Drier Lids Than Mine, rich color.

I’m not crazy about the fact that I’ll have to use an old school pencil sharpener with it. I try to avoid makeup pencils in general because, inevitably, I know I’ll end up over sharpening the tip, but I really do like the soft, creamy formula and color. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+

From left to right: Great Copper, Rose Dust, Pretty Pink
chanel-fall-2008-swatches

You can bet I’ll have full reviews when the full Chanel fall collection hits counters next month. :) I promise to keep you up to date on specific counter dates when I get them.

So, I just finished my second cup of coffee and I’m off to work in a few. This morning I woke up with Blister in the Sun, by the Violent Femmes, stuck in my head … where it has been for three straight days!

What’s on your playlist today?

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论