2012年5月15日星期二

Foreign Affairs! Mystery!

Diane Von FurstenbergPieces from the Diane von Furstenberg Fall 2008 show in New York. (Seth Wenig/Associated Press)

Just left the Diane von Furstenberg show in the Bryant Park tents, where I ran into Hamish Bowles, Michael Roberts and a regular on the blog–whose identity shall remain secret in keeping with DVF’s spies-and-gals-in-the-Berlin-fog theme! Von Furstenberg loves an historical theme to sell contemporary clothes. Lots of layers here, to a vague 1940s slant. In fact, I kept thinking during the show that if I put that black polo sweater I have over that ruffled cream Blass blouse that’s been lurking in the back of my closet for ages, and fish around for a slim skirt official soccer jerseys, I’d have the look. Also intriguing was the fluffy hair–a mirror image, I thought, of DVF in the Warhold portrait years.

My other impression this afternoon, from Preen and Ohne Titel, was that a lot of clothes seem to be clumping around the mid-section. Sleeves pushed-up, shoulders padded, waists cinched or layered, skirts draped and cut with weird poufs. It all seems to convene in the middle. Unfortunate. I’m off to Jonathan Saunders, somewhere…another foreign affair. God.

Slide Show: Sunday Selections

没有评论:

发表评论