2012年5月16日星期三

Lovechild and Apocalypse Walked Into a Bar… No, I

Advertisement



urban decay lovechild
Wearing Urban Decay Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild

I get amped every Friday afternoon because it means we made it to the weekend, and I get both of my boys all to myself for two whole days. Usually breakfast out on Saturday or Sunday morning, a movie or two (or three), maybe dinner, the mall, and of course, staying up late to watch TV.

That right there’d be plenty exciting, but then I also find out that Urban Decay just added two new shades to their fab Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color line?

Now it’s cause for celebration! :)

Urban DecayC’mon, chair dance with me! This is excellent news. Think of all the trouble we’ll get into fun we’ll have wearing these new shades.

Lovechild (a pale pink) and Apocalypse (a deep berry) are just as much fun as their older sisters. Shortly after the line of long-wearing pencils drew down on Urban Decay counters last fall, they became staples in my makeup bag. Their bright colors and glossy, moisturizing formula (unscented and unflavored) made them favorites of mine.

Pale pink Lovechild’s the mellower of the two newcomers, and at first swatch, I was afraid it might be too pale and cool-toned for me.

Thankfully, it’s not! The sweet, delicate pink should suit most skin tones, but interestingly, it does seem to fade quicker than the brighter Super-Saturated shades I’ve tried; you might have to reapply after sipping tea and/or eating crumpets.

As for drama lovers, there’s always Apocalypse. Wearing it with my new pink streaks, I feel like a rockstar! — and, oddly, have the urge to don a pair of brass knuckles and break sh*t.

Which might be too much information…

urban decay spring 2012 (6)
Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Lovechild on the left (a pale pink) and Apocalypse on the right (a deep berry), $19 each

urban decay spring 2012 (3)
Swatches of the three 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils (far left): Demolition official soccer jerseys, Perversion and Woodstock; Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color (far right): Lovechild and Apocalypse

urban decay apocalpyse
Super-Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in Apocalypse

PRICE: $19 each
AVAILABILITY: Available now exclusively at Sephora stores and online
MAKEUP AND BEAUTY BLOG RATING: A

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

P.S. What are you up to tonight? Doing anything fun? I went to a yoga class earlier, and now I’m just chilling at home. I’m re-watching that old episode of Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations where he went to Beirut and couldn’t get out during an uprising. Before that I watched the first episode of Project Runway: Allstars (wasn’t too impressed). Yep, it’s a TV night. :)

没有评论:

发表评论